Mind is important because life itself is experienced by the mind. From birth to death, life is a continuous cycle of activities for the mind. In the continuum of birth-life-death the final one (death) can be ignored as if it were for the rest of our lives. Actually, constant awareness of death could have stifled our daily lives. The reality that it doesn’t occur is evidence sufficient evidence of the nature’s plans for its own progress through “normal” existence for living creatures. The design also contains in it common behavior patterns such as perceptions, beliefs, and thoughts. within its thought and emotion beings. The commonality is a spectrum. For humans who are social interactions, this range is considered “normal”. Above and below that the norm is to view it to be “abnormal”. Personality disorders are identified by this metric. In a society that is aware (awareness being directly related to education, freedom of thinking as well as social development, and more. ) Personality disorders are dealt with more objectively. In other places, they are poorly managed, which causes pain to the sufferers and family members who are affected, causing problems in families and society Chester Stokes.
The personality disorders being discussed in this article are not the usual “madness” that is usually classified as psychosis, but are those that fall under the umbrella of neurosis (mental troubles that affect behavior). In general they can be classified as such when a person’s behavior or perception, beliefs, etc. begin to affect what is considered to be the “normalcy” of the individual’s life, or the lives of others who are close to them.
In the majority of societies (developed conscious or not) people with personality disorders have received an unfair treatment. The manifestations of the disorder tend to be viewed as “personal” issues. The society that is insensitive and the system of socialization that is in place nowadays in many parts of the world, tend to let it be.
If we had a system in place to recognize and treat mentally disordered people that would have made sure that we did not require arms and guns family members did not split and children didn’t live their lives in despair and fear and behavioural issues did not pass over generations the next , and it goes on. The root of all conflicts of a family, personal or social, national, or international nature is the different kinds of disorders of the human mind. If this were not the case before entering into dangerous and destructive alliances those affected would have remembered the life-death continuum, and turned conflicts to achieve win-win results. If we could spend a small less than a tenth of the amount we pay for weapons, armies and legal battles. in creating awareness of how people act and the necessity to accept the disorders in the mind of those affected as their own, the world could be a better one to be a part of. A lot of dictators and leaders who spread misery to the masses across the globe had disturbed minds. There aren’t any significant efforts to have been made by anyone to correct the situation by collective action. The lack of awareness-raising leaves many of the victims (both in the direct and indirect ways) of the chance to live normal lives.
Personality disorders are well-categorized in the academic stream of psychiatry and psychology. The disorders that cause suffering to people can be classified as follows:
- 1.Disorder of the paranoid personality that is characterized by an irrational fear of and distrust of other people
- 2.Disorder of the personality that manifests itself as indifference to their rights as well as inability to empathize (ability to perceive and feel in the other’s position)
- Borderline personality disorder that is characterised by insecurity with self-esteem and relationships, frequently leading to self-harm hurt to others, and impulsiveness
- 4.Attention-seeking behavior and an atypical expression of emotional responses
- 5.Narcissistic personality disorder where the person affected feels grandiose and is constantly seeking approval from others , and an inability to empathize with others.
- Dependent personality disorder that is characterized by a psychological need to be taken care of by others.
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (different from obsessive compulsive disorders that is often referred to as OCD) with a rigidity in following the rules, perfectionistism and a need to manage people and situations
- 8.Bipolar disorder that causes extreme mood swings ranging from depression and mania.
- 9.ADHD (also known as attention deficit hyperactivity) Disorder negatively affecting children’s as as adults’ lives and their development
The first step to combating personality disorders and stopping the cycle of passing from one generation onto the next is awareness. It could take a while before people across the globe devised strategies to tackle the problem. This might begin by incorporating it in the school curriculum. When the principle of admitting those with personality disorder is pushed in the heads of individuals and their families, managing these disorders effectively will come with a synchronized. However, the issue remains the lack of awareness among society-minded people to the issue, and also the rather ineffective training of psychiatrists and psychologists, who are often unable to see the bigger perspective.